I'm an Economics Ph.D. student at UC Berkeley focusing on public finance topics at the intersection of labor economics and macroeconomics. My current research focus is on the interaction of corporate taxation, firm location decisions, and the location and scale of economic activity. You can follow me on twitter @omzidar.
- 2012 Alan Auerbach Baumol's cost books Brad Delong Budget Capital Capital Taxation Christy Romer College Corporate Taxes Crime david autor David Card debt Dylan Matthews Economic Policy Education Emmanuel Saez Enrico Moretti Europe Finance firms Fiscal Cliff Fiscal Policy Government Government Spending Great Recession Growth Hamilton Project Healthcare Healthcare Costs Health Insurance Housing Housing Finance Immigration Incidence inequality inflation Innovation Investment Jeremy Stein Jobs Justin Wolfers Labor Labor Markets larry summers Laura Tyson Local Labor Markets Macroeconomics Math Medicare Middle Class mobility Monetary Policy NYTimes Obama Pat Kline Paul Krugman Politics Productivity Raj Chetty Regulation Robots Romney SNAP Spending States Stimulus Tax Cuts for Whom Taxes Tax Reform Unemployment Wages Yuriy Gorodnichenko
- The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Evidence from Texas Oil Drilling
- The Future of Capital Income Taxation
- Rethinking capital and wealth taxation
- Is it too late to get an arborist into the budget negotiations?
- The Impact of Immigration on Wages, Internal Migration and Welfare
- Boeing’s Confidential Site Location Wish List
- Declining Reliance on State Corporate Tax Revenues
- Average Property Tax as a Share of Home Value, 2007-2011
- Bruegel | Blogs review: Updating the Phillips curve bruegel.org/nc/blog/detail… 3 hours ago
- RT @MarkThoma: Billions of Tax Dollars Later, No New Jobs for New York - David Cay Johnston taxprof.typepad.com/files/70st0609… 3 hours ago
- The Dead Hand Versus the Invisible Hand, Urban Edition nyti.ms/1f1rPy7 3 hours ago
- The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Evidence from Texas Oil Drilling wp.me/p2otxR-vZ 11 hours ago
- Things Are Getting Ugly In San Francisco: Protestors Stopped A Google Bus From Moving businessinsider.com/protestors-jum… via @sai 13 hours ago
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Any country currently using the Euro to announce intention to drop it before midnight ET 31 Dec 2012.
James Surowiecki on private equity is worth reading. While I largely agree with him, there is substantial variation in the degree to which private equity firms rely on the zero sum value extraction/financial engineering that he describes to drive returns. … Continue reading
Austan Goolsbee: The Markets Did Not React When ObamaCare Was Declared Constitutional. – WSJ.com.